This is the archive
of the community knowledge system that demonstrates the power and structure of OIAm
, the Community-developed
infrastructure architecture methodology. This archive is kept available for reference purposes, and to support OIAm users who wish to start using the new OIAr content at a later date.
The NEW VERSION of the repository can be found here.
Much of the content of this knowledge base is generic and applicable universally, like descriptions of infrastructure function and pattern types.
Enter this site
When you are a first time visitor to this site, you might like to start with an introduction of the architecture methodology itself. Then, you will want to understand just what this fictional company ArchiSurance is about. With this information, you can then explore all architectural artefacts. The different angles from which you can access this repository are listed in the column below (Repository Entry Points).
|Where to start?
|Depending on what you want to know or what you are looking for, several approaches exist to explore the contents of the OIAm Repository. These common entry points exist:
- You want to have a quick overview of the infrastructure landscape? Start discovering it:
- By checking Working Area and Environment descriptions to get an idea of the context of the landscape.
- To see what kind of infrastructure solutions are present, check out Pattern Types for universal solution specimens or Pattern Variants for specific solution recipes that are used to shape designs of infrastructure solutions in the particular landscape that is contained by this repository.
- You want to know what (universal) kinds of infrastructure functions exist? Check out the Building Block Types in this repository.
- You want to know what particular instances of kinds of infrastructure function are contained by this knowledge base? Visit the section with Building Block Variants. Building Block Variants can be regarded as recipes or molds that can be used to guide and shape the designs of single infrastructure functions, so if you are a (project) architect, designer or engineer, this information might be of special interest to you.
- You want to know what (universal) kinds of infrastructure solutions exist? Check out the Pattern Types.
- You want to know what particular instances of kinds of infrastructure solutions are contained by this knowledge base? Check out Pattern Variants. Pattern Variants can be regarded as recipes or molds that can be used to guide and shape the designs of infrastructure solutions, so if you are a solution architect, designer or engineer, this information might be of special interest to you.
- You want to know more about the way this repository deals with Quality aspects? Check what Quality Attributes are defined, how they are elaborated, what classes and/or permutations exist, what pre-defined values are assigned, or what design guidelines are attached to certain Quality Attributes. Visit Quality Attribute definitions in this knowledge system to learn more.