|Document type:||Building Block Type||Owner:|
This Building Block Type belongs to Working Area Middleware (MW). This facility is capable of filtering messages based on rules and characteristics; filter results can include (combinations of) the following actions:
- allow or prevent the message to continue it's trip to it's intended destination;
- send a copy of the message to an alternative destination;
- modify the message or it's header.
Matching may be possible on many characteristics, including (but not limited to):
- sender or recipient;
- the content of specific message fields, e.g. a priority field;
- presence or absence of certain patterns in the message header or body;
- adherence to messaging protocols.
This facility can thus be thought of as a special version of Traffic Filtering.
The icon below can be used to represent this infrastructure function in graphical Pattern representations that it might be part of:
Variants of this Building Block Type
The following variants of this function have been defined:
No Pattern Variants based on this Pattern Type (yet)
Pattern Types using this Building Block Type
The following Pattern Types use this function:
|Pattern Variant||Brief Description||Owner||Maturity|
|PAT.Message Handling||Message Handling||S.A.D. Jumelet||3|