|Page maturity |
This page has maturity level 4 (mature)
|Document type:||Generic Function||Owner:|
|This function offers a run-time environment for applications that require direct input from, and/or output to, the physical world.|
This Generic Function belongs to Working Area Client Realm. This function offers a run-time environment for applications that require direct input from, and/or output to, the physical world, e.g. interaction with human users.
It has the following characteristics:
- offers computing capacity (processor cycles and memory space) to execute application code;
- offers (standard) operating software, routine libraries and sub-functions that support/can be invoked by application code;
- offers a user interface experience (e.g. a desktop environment).
Note how the Workspace Engine is closely related to the Application Engine, as both offer a run-time environment. However:
- the former is geared more for interacting with the physical environment (chiefly human users), mainly by invoking the Input and Output functionality;
- the latter is more specialized to support specific types of applications running on top of it.
Generic Patterns using this Generic Function
The following Generic Patterns use this function:
Applied versions of this Generic Function
The following variants of this function have been defined:
|Brief description||This function offers a run-time environment for applications that require direct input from, and/or output to, the physical world. +|
|Friendly name||Workspace Engine +|
|Function icon||Icon GF Workspace Engine.png +|
|Owner||S.A.D. Jumelet +|
|Page maturity||4 +|
|Working Area||Client Realm +|